Friday, 14 October 2016

Book Review: Murder on the Orient Express


Title: Murder on the Orient Express (Assassinato no Expresso do Oriente)
Author: Agatha Christie
Published by: Nova Fronteira
Number of pages: 200
Language: Portuguese (note: this is the language that I read in, not the language it was originally written)

Hello!
Even though I may be a bookworm, I rarely post any book reviews. This is going to change, I plan on doing a lot more posts on books!
This is not the first Agatha Christie book that I read, and I must say that I do enjoy her detective stories. Yes, this will be a positive review. So let's get on with the Murder on the Orient Express!
This book is a Hercule Poirot story, in which he unravels the apparently impossible murder case that happened while everyone was travelling in the Orient Express.
Christie's stories are simple in the sense of it not having so much going on. Normally, the pattern is she introduces the characters for you to have an idea of what types of personalities there are and give a base for what the case is about and then she goes building up the puzzle as Poirot talks to each person involved in the case. So you can always try to be a detective as well and come up with your own solution. That is exactly how the story captures you.
I must admit that the ending was not a complete mistery. There were some details that I hadn't thought of but there are some things that isn't impossible to figure out. Nonetheless, the story is still interesting and I do recommend it for all the lovers of police/detective type of stories, or if you are a Agatha Christie fan and haven't read this book yet.
I think I'm not forgetting anything, so until next post!
Bye bye
An

No comments:

Post a Comment